Sunday, December 20, 2009

Starring..... Sarah Burnham!

Today was our Christmas program and despite being the newbee, I was the main preformer. I bounced back and forth from the organ to the piano the whole meeting. Thank goodness for all the years I have of playing that I was able to pull off the Christmas hymns and a three special numbers with only a week to practice. This ward hasn't had an organist in a long time and I had so many people come to me afterwards to thank me for playing. Somehow I've never quite gotten over all the gaff I heard from my sisters about the organ when I started learning so it was really nice to know that people truly enjoy hearing the organ.

Also, I got a second calling. As I was playing the prelude music for Sacrament the second counselor, Spencer Kimball, approached me and asked if I'd also play the piano for primary. So I went to primary today and met some great kids.






No comments:

Post a Comment