Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baking


From the moment I arrived, I've been wanting to make some cookies. I had trouble finding the baking power, baking soda and vanilla but after consulting with some other Americans living here, I discovered that they come in small packets. I found the baking poweder and vanilla quickly enough, but the baking soda was a bit more difficult. I finally found it and have been eager to have the time to make my cookies.

This afternoon, I pulled everything out and then remembered that I don't have any measuring tools. I did my best to guess the quantities using a teacup and my tiny teaspoons. My next obstacle was that my oven is in celcius and my recipe in farenheit. Since I've always used ovens that had both temperatures on it, I tried to recall what 375 F matched in celsius and guessed about 200 degrees. They're a bit crunchier than my usual so I don't think I got them quite right, but their still yummy.

Mmm....delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment