Sunday, December 13, 2009
Sick
The cold that's been trying to get me since the middle of November finally succeeded. I spent a fair amount of time on my couch this week feeling yucky...my eyes and nose just wouldn't stop leaking. European TV leaves much to be desired and is even worse because I don't understand. Fortunately, I was prepared for this. I didn't expect to have
a TV at all as I packed to come to Switzerland and so I have a store of audiobooks on my computer to listen to. I also brought along my crochet hooks and some yarn because I figured I would need some creative project to work on while I was here and this was the most lightweight and took the least space. So I spent my couch hours listening to “Three Cups of Tea” and trying out a new crochet pattern.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You need to try my cure for a cold.
ReplyDeleteThe trick to healthy airline travel is never take ice in your drinks. Works every time or at least the two times I tried that after getting a cold on my first trip using ice in my drinks.
ReplyDeleteI think you have been under stress for awhile so now you can rest and get well. Did you know people are crochetting altar cloths for the Vancouver temple? Can you tatt? I liked the tatted ones best.