Monday, February 1, 2010

Small World

When I was in Japan, a sister missionary in the Fukuoka mission died in a traggic accident. On Friday night, I once again heard about the accident...but this time it was from someone who was there. A sister in my ward saw it happen because she was missionary companions with the girl who died. Also, a brother in my ward was in the same mission although he went home before the accident. He provided support and translation for the deceased sister’s family in the US.

What happened was the missionaries were goofing around on the roof of their apartment complex. There was a ledge just below the roof that the elders jumped to. The sister, instead of jumping, stepped forward down to the ledge. The momentum of that step continued her forward motion and carried her off the ledge.

I think it’s interesting how three of us who were all in Japan at the same time are now in the same small ward in Switzerland.

1 comment: