Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Living for the Weekend

I’ve been rather preoccupied lately with applying for grad school and haven’t taken as much time to update you on the fun things I’ve still been up to.  Last weekend, Tiffany and I went for the 29CHF special night ski & fondue in Saint-Cergue.  It was great to go skiing again even if it was just a tiny community village ski hill.  There were only two runs and no chairlift – just one of those old bars that you hang onto as it slowly drags you up the hill.  Of course, I could never just let the pulley drag me straight up.  I zig zagged back and forth all the way up trying to see how far right or left I could get and making new tracks.  It was highly entertaining. :)

This weekend I started my Saturday by meeting up with a running group and going for a jog.  I’ve decided to join my siblings in running the Seattle Rock & Roll half marathon.  So I’ve gotta get training!  After my run I went snowshoeing with Tiffany and a couple of her friends from Paris.  It was mostly a flat walk, but I did find two hills that were steep enough to summersault off of.  The snow wasn’t as pillowy soft to land in as Vernon, but it was good enough.  Snowshoeing just isn’t snowshoeing without some hill to bound from.  I took my camera…but forgot to put in the batteries.  So once I get pictures from one of the girls that was there, I’ll post them. 

Saturday evening there was a single adult potluck and dance.  I was pretty tired from all the exercise I’d done during the day and fully intended to ditch the party around 11pm.  But…the DJ was fantastic!  I danced harder than I’ve danced in a long time and didn’t want to stop.  I’ve never watched myself dance (I might find it too embarrassing) but I was flattered when someone asked me what my style is called.  I just shrugged and said ‘me’.  To add to the fun, there was a guy there who really knew how to partner dance.  So we did the social dance thing a few times and connected really well.  It was a blast!  I wound up staying until the very end (12:20am).

My body’s still feeling a bit worn out from all the fun but it was so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so excited you are running with us!!! your life makes mine seem rather dull. that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete