Monday, April 12, 2010

Temple Trip

There was a Single Adult temple excursion this weekend.  We went on Friday night and stayed overnight in a military bunker.  Apparently, these places are all over Switzerland in case there’s a war.  Even the church and my apartment building have bomb shelters in the basement.  Here’s the entrance.swiss random 014

Notice the curtain just beyond the first door?  Well…swiss random 010

it’s the shower.  I didn’t realize that I needed to bring a towel and so I went without a shower in the morning.  I don’t think I would have chosen to use it even if I had a towel because they were right in the hallway, not at all private and there were men around. swiss random 008

Further in was the WC.swiss random 011

And our sleeping quarters.  Fortunately, I had been told to bring my own bedding.swiss random 007

It was a nightmare trying to get to sleep with so many ladies noisily chatting through the night.  By morning I was feeling rather irritable with how inconsiderate some people were.  Rather than waiting around for the morning meeting with the temple president, I headed right in and spent some quiet time in the chapel without the group.  That helped to de-grumpify me.  I was able to attend two sessions and didn’t run into anyone from the singles’ crowd all morning.  It was lovely. 

swiss random 017 swiss random 020 swiss random 026

Next time I go to a temple, it’ll be for the dedication in Langley, BC.  I’m looking forward to that.

1 comment: