Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh, a mountaineer went yodeling…

I went to Chur last Saturday to visit my friend Jubi.  Someone from church was able to get me a train ticket for only 35 CHF that allowed me to travel anywhere in Switzerland for one day.  It’s a fantastic deal, so I asked for two tickets so that I could bring a friend along.  Unfortunately, it turned out that all my usual friends were busy and couldn’t come with me.  But Tuesday night when I went to the institute I met a girl named Jasmine who happens to be from the Okanagan and she was interested in coming with me.  She and her boyfriend joined me and we had a great time in Chur. 2027

You can sign your name in this book before crossing the bridge.  I suppose it’s an effort to keep people from scribbling there names all over the place.2026

Jubi, me, Oliver and Jasmine on the suspension bridge.

2022    2023 2033

 

This woman overheard us talking about where the pedestrian path was to the train station where we left our car.  She popped her head out the window to give us directions.  She didn’t know of a path so she yelled down to the lady one floor below who called out her open window in reply, but didn’t poke her head out.

 

2048 2046

No comments:

Post a Comment