This weekend was General Conference. Because of the time difference, Conference didn’t start here until 6:00PM on Saturday. I kind of liked that because I had the whole day to play. I joined my running group for a long morning run and then went dress shopping with my friend Shannon (a physicist at CERN). I was hoping to find a new dress to wear for Easter…but no luck.
At around 11pm Saturday night, Suzy called to ask if I would spend the night at her place. She was having contractions and needed someone to watch her three children if she wound up going to the hospital in the middle of the night. She
recommended that I bring my own pillow. I was already in my PJ’s so just threw on my coat, grab my pillow and went to stand at the corner to wait for her husband to pick me up. I didn’t expect so many people to be on the street after 11pm and felt a little conspicuous standing there in my PJ’s holding my pillow. :)
I woke up early Sunday morning when I heard little voices excitedly discovering the Easter goodies that had been set out for them. I joined the children and then saw the baby bag still by the door. Suzy’s contractions had stopped about an hour after I arrived. I was still glad she had called me because I got to enjoy Easter morning with kids.
We took the kids to a nearby park after they’d eaten a ton of chocolate. There were goats and bunnies at that park that we fed some grass to. The kids know me from primary and to them, I am “Sister B…….”. I found it amusing when I became the ‘monster’ and they would call out, “Sister B……! You can’t get me.” I don’t think I’ve maintained such a formal name while playing with children before. :)
Conference started again at 2pm on Sunday. The schedule was:
2:00-4:00 Saturday PM Session
6:00-8:00 Sunday AM Session
10:00-12:00 Sunday PM Session
Not many stuck around for the last session…just those of us without reliable internet at home. Shannon and I were the only two in the English room when the last session started. (Two more joined us a few minutes later.) I wish I’d had my camera to take a picture of us sitting there with our feet propped up on the chairs in front of us and crocheting as we listened.
I didn’t really have one favourite talk this time. There were many that contributed to helping me feel reassured that things will work out during the upcoming months of uncertainty that linger before me.
kids make holidays!!! glad you were adopted by a family for easter. how's the running going? i think i need to see a chiropractor before i increase my mileage. too many things hurt. :(
ReplyDelete