Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Charmonix-Mont Blanc

Saturday was a gorgeous day and perfect for a trip to see Mont Blanc (in France).  Unfortunately, I left my camera in the car when we stopped for lunch in Charmonix so I missed the photo op of Mont Blanc.  We drove down the road a little way to Buet where went snowshoeing and enjoyed the fantastic scenery. mont blanc 074

On the way down it was easier (and way more fun) to take my snowshoes off and jump down the steep parts.  As you can see, the snow was pretty heavy and had a crust on it so I didn’t sink far.  I remember as a kid trying to think “light” so that I wouldn’t sink when walking on crusty snow.  I did the same thing and managed to stay on top of it most of the time. :) mont blanc 089

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! Would have liked to have joined you.

    ReplyDelete