Have you ever wondered what a water massage was like? I found out on Saturday when I went to the thermal baths in Lavey les Bains with Tiffany, Tony and his kids. We spent three hours soaking in warm water while it snowed on us. There were jets of water positioned at different heights along the edges of the pool to massage one’s calves or thighs. There were spouts of water to stand under that massaged the neck, shoulders and head; half submerged reclining spots to lounge in over soft bubbles, and a whirlpool that was fun to float through. It was nice to indulge in a water massage after my first full week of training for the half marathon. I also spent a little time sitting on the pool steps playing with four-year-old Tina and observed in fascination some body types that had the courage to wear bikinis.
Tiffany and me after our three hour soak. (It wasn’t
the sort of place that lent itself to lots of picture taking.)
The soaking was especially nice since I didn’t get a shower on Friday. I woke up to discover that there was no running water in my apartment. Argh! Fortunately, I had a glass of water from the night before that I hadn’t dumped out so I drank that. Then I had half a bottle of fizzy water (purchased by accident) that I used to wash my hands and face and to tame by amazing bedhead. When I returned from work the water was running again, so I refilled every spare bottle in my apartment with water in case something similar happens again.
Saturday evening we had a girls night in. There are five pregnant ladies in my ward so we had a pseudo shower for them. They’re all expecting baby #3 or #4. I enjoyed the night in with the girls.
{Picture to come}
hehehe fizzy water :) water massage eh? that sounds interesting. YOu're training for a half marathon??? I think you might have mentioned this already I just couldn't remember if it's going to be in Kelowna? Cool!
ReplyDelete