I had my first commissioned piece of artwork. A friend of mine forwarded my name to someone else who was wanting a custom made wedding cake topper. I’d been thinking about getting back into working with polymer clay and this was a perfect opportunity. I put off working on the project for a few weeks because I didn’t have a surface to work on (I still don’t have much furniture yet). One day as I walked out of my apartment, I saw a table with a “Free” sign sitting outside my neighbour’s door. I snagged the table immediately and set up my work space. Here’s my progress at the end of Friday night. You can see the picture I’m copying in the background.
Late Saturday night I tested to make sure their lips connected.
It took much longer than I anticipated to finish this project. I woke up at 4:30 one morning and worked on it before going to work that day. I also stayed up past 1:00am a couple of nights trying to get it finished.
Here’s the final product. I’m very pleased with how it turned out.
I was kind of sad when the bride-to-be came to pick it up because I won’t get to see it again. I’ve got some ideas for more figurines I’d like to sculpt now.
So smart to take pics of the process. It's so fantastic. That shot of the little guy puckering up for the camera is my fave.
ReplyDeleteIt's really great. I wish you still had it too!
ReplyDelete