Fire Hydrants

Keeping Warm
I've never seen so many people wearing fur! And it's not just the elite rich. Most of the fur I've seen has been on the people riding the bus with me. The animal rights activists must pull their hair out when they come here.

Laundry
This is the clothes dryer in my apartment building. You hang up your wet clothes, set the temperature, then close the doors and it turns on. Come back in about half an hour and their dry...but of course with that stiff line-dryed feeling.

Shopping
I made the mistake of taking my fresh produce to the cashier my first couple of times shopping. Then I figured out that you're supposed to go to a machine, enter the product code and then the machine weighs your purchase and prints out a sticker that you put on your item. I went to a different grocery store this weekend and they had an employee working the machine. He was fast!
Can you tell I'm a bit of a fresh produce fan?
Let it Snow!
I love the hush of freshly fallen snow.....followed by the enjoyment of sledding. This is the park next door to where I'm living. I loved how many parents I saw decked out in snowsuits with their kids. ;)

Public Toiletts
They're kept so nice and clean. Use the small button to conserve water when a small flush will suffice and the big button when more water is needed. Every restroom is equipt with a toilet brush that you are expected to use.

Boots
I tried to go for classic...but it's just not my style. I found these instead....and wore them to church with my little black dress. :)

DinnerRabbit was on the menu in the cafeteria last week. I tried it and found it extraordinarily delicious. I just had to keep my thoughts away from soft, cute, little, furry creatures.
I only recall one style of fire-hydrants in North America. Here, I found all these differnt ones just on my walk to church.

Keeping Warm
I've never seen so many people wearing fur! And it's not just the elite rich. Most of the fur I've seen has been on the people riding the bus with me. The animal rights activists must pull their hair out when they come here.

Laundry
This is the clothes dryer in my apartment building. You hang up your wet clothes, set the temperature, then close the doors and it turns on. Come back in about half an hour and their dry...but of course with that stiff line-dryed feeling.
Shopping
I made the mistake of taking my fresh produce to the cashier my first couple of times shopping. Then I figured out that you're supposed to go to a machine, enter the product code and then the machine weighs your purchase and prints out a sticker that you put on your item. I went to a different grocery store this weekend and they had an employee working the machine. He was fast!
Can you tell I'm a bit of a fresh produce fan?Let it Snow!
I love the hush of freshly fallen snow.....followed by the enjoyment of sledding. This is the park next door to where I'm living. I loved how many parents I saw decked out in snowsuits with their kids. ;)

Public Toiletts
They're kept so nice and clean. Use the small button to conserve water when a small flush will suffice and the big button when more water is needed. Every restroom is equipt with a toilet brush that you are expected to use.
Boots
I tried to go for classic...but it's just not my style. I found these instead....and wore them to church with my little black dress. :)
Dinner
great post. i particularly love the different fire hydrants.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading everything and lovin' it. :) I don't know if you explain it somewhere but I was curious to know what exactly you're doing at the NGO...
ReplyDeleteI'm working in the finance department. When I get back to Canada, I hope that I can move into on of the programs.
ReplyDeleteLucas, James and Spencer all love eating rabbit as well. Perhaps you can all have a rabbit meal together when you return!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post. I little piece of Switzerland for all of us back home. The hydrants, the toilet, the boots!
ReplyDeleteMust say, those boots are fantastic! My shoe size is 8 and a half if you were wondering. :)
ReplyDelete