Monday, January 18, 2010

Coupe de Cheveux

My hair was getting shaggy and unstylable. So armed with a printed picture of myself with the cut I wanted, I proceeded to the hairdresser's. It was a fun experience to practice my french. I don't know if it was the shop I went to, or if there are different requirements in Canada, but I was a little surprised to see a big, black lab roaming about the store with hair clippings all over its coat. When the dog jumped onto a customer, my hairdresser hauled it back and then continued clipping my hair without washing her hands. Then an elderly woman came in for a cut. Another hairdresser washed her hair and brought her to the chair next to me. My hairdresser, abondoned me for a moment to comb out the little old ladies wet hair with the same comb she'd been using on me. Then still using the same comb, she came back to finish my hair. It really didn't concern me that much. I just found it rather interesting.



1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Let's just hope the other woman doesn't have lice :)

    ReplyDelete