Monday, June 21, 2010

Silver Lining Where’d you go?

I like having options in life.  Without them, I tend to feel trapped and ungrateful for what I do have.  My last week in Edmonton, I had plenty of options just on the horizon.  I was planning to attend grad school in the fall;  I applied to teach in Abu Dhabi as a back up; I was looking forward to spending the summer with friends in Portland where job prospects seemed forthcoming; and I met a guy that I quite liked.

Unfortunately, the option doors have been closing.  The job market has not proven fruitful, distance has cooled interest and I was rejected from grad school and from Abu Dhabi.  So now I’m hanging out in Portland indefinitely with no enticement to stay, but no better option to move towards.  I trust that God has something better in mind for me than what I had planned on.  I just hope I find it soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Sarah. I totally understand your frustration. I'm praying hard that the "something better" will happen soon so you don't have to be stuck in limbo for to long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have total confidence that you will be led to the right opportunity. You are great and God is good. He knows you and will direct you. Just be ready!

    ReplyDelete