Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Month in Edmonton

I’ve definitely gotten slack with blogging since returning to the continent.  Here’s a quick overview of the month.

Edmonton 005Spring take 2.  It’s much more modestly done here. 
 Edmonton 006 Hugely wide residential roads and tons of sky.

Edmonton 009Monstrous, stand alone, land-hogging shopping markets.

Edmonton 008Gas prices lower than I’ve seen in years.  It’s down to 86.9/litre today.WinterSnow May 6th…. and again May 30th.

IMG_8696Reconnecting with old friends.

Edmonton 011

National PFD (personal floatation device) day.  My coworkers and I donned our PFD’s and took Jaman (the ‘land-mine’ manequin) to the Legislator buildings for a photo op.  Turns out, it was the day all the grad 12’s were there taking pictures too, so we convinced one of the girls in a poofy pink dress to wear a lifejacket and take a picture with us.  (Sorry…didn’t get a copy of that shot.)

Edmonton 012My fellow basement dwellers.

3 comments:

  1. When do you come back to BC? I'll be at the coast tomorrow (May 31st) to see Amy and new baby and am wondering if you'll be there, too. Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hate your roommate!!! yuck!
    are you coming back to bc or sticking it out in e-town for awhile?

    ReplyDelete